Last week I went to NYC twice. I love the city but except for a brisk 2 mile walk from Penn’s Station, past Time’s Square to Hearst Towers and Woman’s Day Magazine, it wasn’t much of a city visit. I was there on a mission. A mission to check out some of this season’s hottest toys, just in time for Christmas shopping. Toys that are hitting The Big Toy Book’s list this year, an event hosted by none other than Toy Insiders – Joey Fortman, Charlene DeLoach and Laurie Schacht.
My husband will tell you I practically screamed at him to turn off the Christmas music the other day. What he doesn’t know is a few days later I walked into a festive wonderland to Christmas music softly playing and it was actually kind of nice. (It’s out now. He reads the blog. Hi honey! Before you pull the Christmas music out again I beg you, wait until after Thanksgiving. Once the last dish is cleared go right ahead.)
We were treated to a lovely lunch and welcomed to Hearst Towers by none other this year’s Elmo. Bigger, better, and talking. For a none noisy toy mom I gotta say he was pretty cute and kids are going to love him. Like, lovelovelove him. After lunch we got to play. Oh yeah. Toys are fun to play with when the kids aren’t around. My favorite toy of the day were the Laser Pegs . Why? Because they are only the coolest LEGO compatible toy EVER – light ups and cool colors will add pizzazz to the favorite toys my boys already own.
Another favorite is the Kurio Touch4s. As an Android girl, I love that the wide variety of apps I could use with this small handheld. Perfect for kids in the car and at the Dr., it’s the perfect size to fit into a purse.
Grab your copy of Woman’s Day to get the full scoop on The Toy Insider’s HOTTEST TOYS and TECH but here’s a peek for you~
- – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles We are squarely in the LEGO and other building kits camp but with so many kids into TMNT I had to check them out. They have some fun things to add to your child’s collection – from big to small ticket items, many products are compatible with the action figures.
- Adora Dolls
- Thames & Kosmos Kits (on my list for the boys!)
- Green Toys – Goodbye milk jug. Hello Green Toy.
- LeapFrog LeapReader – Can I just say we LOVE our Leap Reader? Awesome “toy” that teaches while they play
- Just Play Doc McStuffins Get Better Checkup Center Playset
- Twilight Turtle Tunes May I have one please? Love these turtles!
- Speed Stacks Cups – My son is getting these. I am pretty sure my house will be safer WITHOUT juggling. I am also reassured this will improve his juggling skills, which means, theoretically anyway, that my house will at least be SAFER when he juggles.
- Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena
– Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em becomes current and cool. Yes, that was a line of moms waiting to play the newest coolest. I’m not sure if Christmas Day will be kids fighting or parents fighting over this cool new game. We’ll see what happens in my house because my boys are getting these for Christmas.
- Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods
Finally, this one won’t be ending up in the stocking but I’m getting one. How neat is this My Buddy Tag? Keep your kids safe but give them a little freedom. Seeing was believing and I see lots of opportunity to grow my kids’ independence without worrying so much when they aren’t in my sight.
A big thank you to Woman’s Day, The Big Toy Book, and The Toy Insider for such a great day playing with toys WITHOUT the children.
**This post includes Amazon Affiliate links.