We set out to try all the (true) best donut shops in NH. While we haven’t hit them all yet we’ve got a nice little list started. Check it out!
When we moved to New Hampshire in 2016 we made a conscious decisions to make the transition easier on our family while getting to know our new state. One of the fun things we landed on was trying out every place in the state known for their donuts.
There have been quite a few hits (and a few misses), but since everyone has their own tastes we’re going to list them in order of our favorites but not say they were true fails…except in one case. So who’s ready to hit the NH Donut Trail with us?
Best Donut Shops in New Hampshire
- Muriel’s Donuts (Lebanon, NH) – We aren’t afraid to say we think this is the very best donut shop in NH. See my article on Muriel’s Donuts.
- Black Forest Bakery and Cafe (Amherst, NH) – The cronuts are IT. Also, the maple bacon donuts. They don’t have a wide donut selection but you don’t need one. These are all the donut you need.
- The Local Moose (Manchester, NH) – These are gourmet donuts at a gourmet price but every one we’ve had has been amazing. The maple bacon is my fave but they did a great job on this spicy chocolate donut and the holiday gingerbread donut with a gingerbread man cookie on top too.
- Klemm’s Bakery (Windham, NH) – Take cash! These traditional style donuts are never a disappointment. They have two locations but we’ve only been to the one on Indian Rock Rd. They have a wide variety to choose from.
- Goody Good (Laconia, NH) – Go early if you want to make sure you get a donut. They often sell out early. We especially love their apple cider donuts when they have them. The kids love the cream filled with sprinkles (of course!)
- The Doughnut Cellar in Littleton, NH – This one’s on our list to hit up. Gotta love it when friends know you well enough to grab some doughnuts at a place you haven’t tried before. Even a day old, they were good so we can only guess they’ll be even better fresh.
- Brother’s Donuts (Franklin, NH) – The donuts are delicious and they sometimes sell out early. And if you’re craving a donut in the wee hours of the morning, they open at 2 AM.
- Stonehouse Baking Company (Barrington, NH) – The donuts were good. The service wasn’t. In fact, the service was so disappointing I don’t know that we will go back. But definitely try the donuts at least once. Perhaps it was just a rough day.
Bakery (Conway, NH) – don’t blink or you might miss it! Watch for Saco River Tubing. It’s right beside it. Bring cash! None of us managed to get a plain donut but the maple cream were delicious. Plus, we got to introduce friends to our travel tradition of hunting down local donuts.
- Heav’nly Donuts (Windham, NH) – Another Indian Rock Road donut shop, these donuts are more the style of a Dunkin Donut though they taste fresher and are much better.
- Donut Love – These potato donuts are a little heavier than a cake donut but they are tasty (and a generous size). The cinnamon sugar is my favorite.
- Cider Bellies Doughnuts – These doughnuts are well-worth the drive to Moulton Farm in Meredith, NH. Especially is you can get them piping hot. They’re the best cider doughnuts we’ve tried in NH so far.
- Crosby’s Donuts (Nashua, NH) – This is another classic donut but for us they were a bit lackluster. They did have a cheese danish I loved though.
- Chichester Country Store (Chichester, NH) – We haven’t gotten to the country store yet for fresh douts but the kids and I tried some of their donuts at Revelstoke in Concord (right across from the state building so you can’t miss it.). The donuts were really good and we can’t wait to try them fresh from the store.
- Just Like Meme’s (Laconia, NH) It doesn’t appear they have an actual location but they make stops at specific spots along a delivery route and do pop ups. I wish I could say the donuts we had were just not super fresh, but I’m afraid they seemed to have some technical issues. The texture and flavor was a bit off. They needed something – more flavor for one, and a little more “rise”.
What do you think is the best donut shop in NH? Leave a comment with any we’ve missed and share this with all your donut loving friends.