I’ve loved beets ever since I was a little girl. Crazy kid, I know. This beet and goat’s cheese kale salad is a fantastic power lunch for any beet lover.
I never was a fan of red beet eggs, but my mom used to make the best Harvard Beets – not from the can. I remember one year we had fresh beets and I was amazed that such hard ugly looking dirty things could turn into such a beautiful dish. She blanched them and I helped her peel them. Oh, we had deep magenta colored hands for days, but so pretty, right?
I found a cheat for having yummy fresh tasting beets for lunch and dinner. I met Love Beets at several food and produce shows and fell in love. I was so happy to hear they are a local company and I can easily find their product, not only in my grocery store but in Walmart Supercenters. I grabbed this package at Walmart the other day.
This yummy salad is just the thing I need when lunchtime comes around and is a perfect holiday salad for entertaining as it looks so festive. Best of all, it’s super simple and uses simple ingredients.
Beet and Goat's Cheese Kale Salad
- Kale, chopped with the thickest stems removed - 1 large handful/6 large handfuls
- Cooked Beets (Love Beets win the day!) - 1/2 beet/whole package
- Goat's Cheese - 1/2 ounce/4 ounces for 6 handfuls kale
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Balsamic Dressing - 1 teaspoon/2 tablespoons
- Black Pepper
- Put 1/2 kale in a salad bowl.
- Thinly slice beets and put 1/2 on top kale.
- Cut off bits of goat's cheese and dot salad.
- Sprinkle a small handful of pumpkin seeds over top.
- Repeat layers.
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic dressing and black pepper.
NOTE: I used about 1 teaspoon for a single lunch salad and 2 tablespoons for a family sized salad.
More Easy Salad Recipes