This Baked Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower is a favorite for family and friends, making it the perfect company dish or potluck meal.
- 2 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower (1.5 – 2 lb)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 12 sausages*
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put grease 9×13 baking dish with one tablespoon oil.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Cut cauliflower into 1 inch florets. Cut onion into 1/2 inch wedges then in half again. Mince garlic.
- Put all prepared vegetables into your baking dish, drizzle remaining tablespoon of oil over the vegetables and lightly toss. Sprinkle seasoning over top, and mix all together.
- Add sausages to the dish, gently pressing down into the veggies. Sprinkle lightly with more chili powder.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Check for doneness – sausage should be 165°F when checked with an instant read thermometer and potatoes should be soft. If potatoes aren’t quite soft, bake for an additional 10 minutes. When potatoes are soft and sausage is cooked through, you can remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes if you wish to dry the top out a bit.
- 12 sausages or approximately 2.25 pounds. This is is using 3 or 4 inch long sausages so can use less if using larger ones.
- You can also use less sausage by cutting them into smaller pieces before cooking as it gives the impression of more.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: casserole, one dish dinners