Apple Zucchini Cobbler
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (go with a semi-tart apple like a McIntosh)
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (approximately 1.5 zucchini 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter if you are shredding since it fills more space)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Mix apples, zucchini, cinnamon, and ½ cup sugar in 9 x 13 pan. (You can use a smaller dish but the topping will not bake through as nicely.)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Whisk eggs into melted butter quickly so the eggs don’t start cooking in the hot butter.
- Topping will be thick but fall apart easily.
- Cover apple and zucchini mixture with topping.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until top is brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of dish.
- Serve warm with milk or ice cream.