We love oatmeal in our house. If you’re looking for a foolproof (and kid-friendly) way to make stove top oatmeal, this is it. If you are looking for a fresh change-up, you’ll want to try my favorite baked oatmeal recipes. While I’m still the one making the baked oatmeal I am sure my kids will be taking that over in no time at all.
Oftentimes we eat oatmeal several times a week so we keep a nice list of oatmeal flavor combinations to keep breakfast fresh. These 40 oatmeal flavor combinations will keep our (and your) taste buds happy for a while – 40 days to be exact.
40 Oatmeal Flavor Combinations
22 Fruity Oatmeal Flavor Combinations
- Strawberries and Cream – fresh or frozen strawberries and yogurt
- Cinnamon Apple Raisin – Diced apples, cinnamon, and raisins put in when you add oats to the boiling water.
- Peaches and Cream – Fresh or frozen peaches and yogurt or heavy cream
- Pumpkin Pie – 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree per serving, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg
- Apple Pie – Diced apples and cinnamon, added when you add oats to the water
- Berry Berry – Fresh or Frozen raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries
- Black Forest – Fresh or frozen cherries, dark chocolate chips or black cocoa powder
- Peachy Almond – Fresh or frozen peaches, almonds, and almond flavoring (optional: add to oatmeal at the end of cooking)
- Apple Walnut – Diced apples and walnuts piled on top of oatmeal
- Pistachio Pear – Crushed pistachios and diced pears
- Piña Colada – Fresh or canned pineapple, dried coconut flakes, coconut cream or milk
- Fruit Cocktail – Fresh or frozen grapes, peaches, pears, pineapple, and cherries
- Cherry Vanilla Almond – Cherries, almonds, and vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich – Layer oatmeal, then add a layer of banana slices and tablespoon of peanut butter. Top with more oatmeal.
- Blueberry Ginger – Grate fresh ginger into the water or finely mince crystallized ginger to go on top of oatmeal with fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Peach Lime – Add juice from one lime in place of partial water. Top oatmeal with fresh or frozen peaches.
- Mango Tango – Replace 1/2 of water with pineapple juice. Top oatmeal with fresh mango, coconut flakes, and coconut milk.
- Raspberry Chip – Fresh raspberries and dark chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Watermelon – Top with Watermelon Cream
- Strawberry Kiwi – fresh strawberries and kiwi
- Pomegranate – pomegranate arils or Pom Wonderful juice in place of water
- Cranberry Orange – Dried cranberries and replace 1/2 – full amount of water with orange juice
6 Dried Fruits, Nuts, and Seeds Oatmeal Flavor Combinations
- Fruit and Seed Medley – dried cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds
- Cranberry Pecan – Dried cranberries and pecans
- Maple Walnut – Maple syrup and walnuts
- Coconut Cream – Fresh or Dried Coconut, served with canned coconut milk (thicker and creamier)
- Nutty Nut-free – Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dry roasted edamame
- Chocolate Hazelnut – Chocolate chips and crushed hazelnuts
6 Dessert Oatmeal Flavor Combinations
- 7 Layer Oatmeal – Coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, condensed milk, and graham cracker crumbs
- Mocha – Make oatmeal with coffee instead of water. Top with chocolate fudge syrup and milk or cream.
- Fluffer-Nutter – Spoon full of peanut butter and small scoop of fluff
- Cherry Cheesecake – Stir a bit of cream cheese into the oatmeal. Top with cherries.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry – fresh strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate fudge syrup
- Chocolate Orange – Dark chocolate chips and orange wedges
6 Miscellaneous Flavor Combinations
- Spiced Chai – add freshly grated ginger to water, stir cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and dash of black pepper in with oatmeal before cooking.
- Protein Booster – Chia Seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, and an egg
- Warm Vanilla Sugar – Vanilla and brown sugar
- Ch-Ch-Chia – Stir chia seeds in just after oatmeal has finished cooking.
- Carob Avocado – 1/2 an avocado and 1 tablespoon carob powder
- PB Jelly – A spoon full of peanut butter and your favorite jelly