Chicken is such a versatile protein that can be used in recipes that vary so widely – from gourmet meals to quick easy “dinner in 20”.
Types of Chicken
There is no end to what you can do with chicken as you can buy it pretty much any way you want – whole chicken, chicken breast, legs, wings, and ground.
You can even buy pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken strips or shredded chicken just to make life super easy. Seriously! This is the ultimate fast food when you want something better than the drive-thru.
With some creativity, a rotisseries chicken can even make several meals, but that’s a story for another day. The point is that chicken really is super versatile and there’s a cut for every type of meal you could possibly want it for.
Ways to Enjoy Chicken
If you, like me, sometimes get into the “chicken’s so boring” rut, let’s remind ourselves of the many ways we can use chicken!
- Marinated (and bbq sauce!)
- Stir fries
- Tacos (and burritos and fajitas)
- Roast chicken
- Sheet pan dinners
- Stuffed chicken breast
- Chicken fries
- Stuffed peppers
- I think you get it. This list could go on forever.
Ways to Cook It
Add in all the ways to cook chicken:
- Air fry
- Pressure cook (Seriously! Nothing like 1 Instant Pot with chicken and another with potatoes!)
- Slow cook
Should we ever really get tired of chicken with all these types of dishes and preparation methods? Well, yeah. Why not? When we’re thinking “What’s for dinner?” we’re not exactly thinking of five million ways to cook chicken. We’re thinking, “I need to make dinner and chicken kinda sounds boring. And “I don’t really want to hunt for a recipe right now.”
That’s why you’re going to save this post! Not only do I have, like, 30 recipes linked below, but I also link to a spreadsheet that has even more ways to use chicken.
You can have chicken for way more than a month and never actually get bored. Please note that I haven’t made every recipe on the list. Rather, I’m sharing a list I put together so when chicken’s on the menu I can try something new whenever I feel like it. Buh-bye boredom.
Click the image below to pin this post for later!
30+ Chicken Recipes
Recipes with an asterisk (*) can easily be made using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Also, please forgive the old images you’ll see in many posts. I’m slowly working my way through updating them.
- Garlic Lime Chicken and Corn Tacos (THE BEST!)
- Strawberry Shallot Chicken
- Ginger Chicken Kale Stir Fry
- Homemade Chicken Sausage (garlic-free)
- Chicken, Asparagus, and Corn Quinoa Bowl
- Persian Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
- Slow Cooker Lemon Ginger Roast Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Fries
- Chicken Wings
- *Southwest Chili Dip or Over Rice = You can use finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken instead
- Chicken Thighs Caramelized in Red Wine
- Spicy Mustard Mayo Chicken Kabobs – The Vintage Mom
- *Mini Stuffed Peppers – You can use finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken instead
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Chicken Bombs – Mom’s Confession
- *BBQ Chicken and Broccoli – You can use finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken instead
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper Potato Chip Chicken – The Vintage Mom
- *Mushroom, Broccoli, Quinoa, and Tuna – You can substitute tuna for 1-2 cups of finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken
- *Lemon Pepper Chicken Marsala – You can use finely chopped rotisserie chicken instead
- *Chili Cornbread Casserole – You can use finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken instead
- *Bean Burritos – Add some some chicken to pack a bigger protein punch
- *Chicken Cheddar Ziti
- *Chicken and Gravy
- *Strawberry and Kale Chicken Salad
- *Roast Chicken, Strawberry and Kale Green Salad
- Garlic Chicken Apple Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Chicken Salad
- Sage Chicken with Acorn Squash
- *White Fish, Roasted Peppers Green Salad – You can substitute fish for finely chopped rotisserie or cooked chicken
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (gluten-free)
- Chicken, Bean, and Spinach Chili
- *Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- *Slow Cooker Chicken, Bean, and Veggie Soup
- *Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Leftovers Soup
- *Chicken and Couscous Soup
- *Chicken Vegetable Soup
Be sure to grab this spreadsheet of chicken recipes for even more tasty chicken recipes for special occasions and every day.
Don’t forget to share this post with a friend who could use more chicken recipes in their lives.
Post was originally published with the below image: August 22, 2014