I love swiss cheese and I love tuna sandwiches. Actually, my favorite swiss cheese EVER is Jarlsberg, so when they asked me if I wanted samples sent my way of course I said YES! I’ve been eating it plain and adding it to sandwiches. Since it’s the time of year when most world seems to be going on a diet, I wanted to create a meal that tastes delicious but is a little healthier.
It’s no secret that cheese is full of fat. The allure is generally too strong for me to resist though so diet or no, cheese is always on my menu. Jarlsberg has rescued my poor willpower and offers a LITE solution that still tastes good. Yeah, I’m not a fan of “lite” either. My cheese snobbery knows very few limits. The first “lite” to make it on my top cheeses list, in fact, all the way up near the top of the list, is Jarlsberg Lite. With half the fat of other cheese and 20% of an adult’s daily calcium needs, Jarlsberg Lite is delicious and guilt-free.
Top my favorite tuna salad with Jarlsberg Lite, pop it under the broiler for a few minutes, and serve it as an appetizer on slices of baguette, or an open faced tuna melt sandwich and your day is complete – completely amazingly complete. Check it out next time you’re in the grocery store.
Swiss Tuna Melt Lite
Jarlsberg Lite swiss completes this sandwich with rich swiss flavor but half the fat.
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, chopped fine
- ground black pepper as preferred
- Jarlsberg Lite Swiss
- Bread - I recommend a hard or crusty bread
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Top bread with mixture then add slice of Jarlsberg Lite.
- Put under broiler for approximately 4 minutes.
Serves 2: full sized sandwiches.Makes: 8 appetizers
Great Sandwich combinations with Jarlsberg Lite
- Smoked turkey, thin apple slices and swiss grilled sandwich
- Ham and swiss on rye with spicy brown mustard
- Open faced tomato and swiss sandwich
- BLT with swiss
Other Meal Ideas with Jarlsberg Swiss
- Breakfast burrito
- Ham, swiss and mushroom omelette
- Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach and swiss
- Cubed with fruit and nuts for an easy lunch
- Scalloped potatoes
- Portabella Swiss Eggs
Want more great cheese recipes? Check out my Pinterest Cheese Board for more drool worthy cheesy recipes.