How often do you get a his and her’s opinion of AN IRON? How many women would love it if your man ironed? Let me tell you, with my husband needing button up shirts and khaki pants 5-6 days out of the week, I love a man who isn’t afraid of that little bitty iron. Some of you know my iron broke the same day that my kid broke his arm and my vacuum went up in sparks. How’s that for a country song? A friend had gotten a review opportunity and was able to bring me in on it – the chance to receive a T-Fal Ultra Glide, Easy Cord iron. Hello, answered prayer.
With many years of ironing behind me, I know how to iron, and iron well – the perfect sleeve crease, the perfect pressed collar….but I don’t really enjoy ironing, especially when it’s a bulky iron. It tends to bother my wrists and is just all around tedious. Wrinkles melting away may be the most heavenly part of someone’s day but oh no, not mine. Domestic housewife is a job I stink at. I tried the T-Fal Ultra Glide, Easy Cord Iron and was pleasantly surprised. Ironing wasn’t a drudgery anymore and really, my iron breaking did me a huge favor. My old iron was heavy, unbalanced, and awkward to hold. Even more so, it was a pain to fill as the water fill spot was badly angled. T-Fal made an iron that truly does glide with its non-stick surface – it glides those wrinkles right out. It is designed so it sets balanced on the ironing board and doesn’t tip over easily as my old one did. Ironing is a breeze and filling the iron with water is easy. The only downside to that is the little trap door that hides the water fill spot is a little hard for me to open. The iron heats up in minutes, making that last minute “I have nothing unwrinkled to wear and I need to leave ten minutes ago” just a little less hectic. The iron is perfectly designed to keep the cord out of the way when you are ironing unless you are left handed and don’t have your iron set up on the right side of the ironing board (DUH!, right?) I have to give this iron a huge thumbs up because it solves my need – quick wrinkle tackler, easy to use, and lightweight for my poor joints. I also love that it is affordable at $39.99 and sold at Target and WalMart along with other retailers. The one I have looks exactly like THIS ONE on Amazon.
I like the T Fal Ultra Gide Easy Cord Iron because it warms up faster and irons wrinkles out quicker than our old one did. It definitely glides like they say it does. It does a good job. It has a nice sturdy base and doesn’t go off balance easily. I like the way the cord is angled so it stays out of the way.
- Ironing is easier and faster with slightly dampened material. Lightly spray with water ten minutes before ironing for a quicker job.
- Read labels carefully and sort by fabric type – work up from the coolest to the hottest temperature to avoid ruining a garment.
- Hard or soft water? Test whether your water is hard by putting a spoonful of soap flakes into a bowl with two cups of water and mix vigorously. If bubbles appear that means your water is soft. Guess what? T-Fal steam iron and stations are designed to use any water type and to resist water scale.
- Is it safe to iron a certain garment? Test a hidden part of the fabric with the tip of your iron.
- When ironing delicate or dark items, place a clean towel or press cloth between fabric and iron. For black dresses or trousers, use the steam setting with the iron touching the fabric.
A good iron makes a happy housewife…..or man.
** I was given a free product for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Tips provided by T fal. This post may include Amazon affiliate links