I love to cook (DUH!) and experiment with flavors and spices. Let me tell you, I do not go light on the spice. Big and bold all the way, baby. Well, sometimes I do go light on the spice. I love to keep some classic dishes simple, and for the sake of my readers I often go simple because not everyone has 2.5 (small) shelves full of spices. I might be addicted. I also tend to skip the pre-mixed spices in favor of “do it myself”. Oh, but artisan spices….artisan spices are so worth the pre-blend. They tend to go light on the salt, which I love. There’s a new subscription box on the market, SpicePanda, that is delivering artisan spice and everything nice to those of us foodies who like to experiment with our spices.
I came home to a package on my doorstep…from SpicePanda, and sadness! I was only home for a few minutes and had no time to open it. I was so anxiously awaiting my order. When I arrived home at 11 PM that night, I gleefully opened my box, ooh’ing and ahh’ing over the quality of the packaging and the cute little panda logo. Tony and Meg included a thoughtful personalized note, and then I got down to business. There is nothing wrong with sitting in bed sampling new artisan spice blends, right? RIGHT?! Told you I’m addicted.
What’s in the SpicePanda Package?
So here’s what I got in my package, ’cause I know that’s the second best thing you want to hear. Of course the FIRST best thing you want to hear is that I’m hosting a giveaway. Yuppers. One of you will receive the same amazing package of 5 spices I just received.
- Vulcan’s Fire Salt from The Spice House – 3/4 teaspoon of this in my Hearty Beef Stew – bowl lickin’ good with a kick of spice.
- Vermont Maple Spice Blend from Calicutts Spices – I’m changing chili up with this one. A sweet and spicy smoky turkey chili will be the way to go. Oh, and ribs. Beef ribs slow smoked on the grill will be amazing with this spice blend.
- NOLA Pepper Blend from Red Stick Spice Co. – I’m making shrimp kabobs with this one. This blend will also be perfect for rice. The explosion of spice the instant it hits the tongue is swoon worthy if you love a spicy flavor that still leaves your taste buds intact.
- Spanish Paella Spice kit from Pursuit of Spice – Spanish Paella it is. All the spices in this one come in their own little packages so you can use what you wish but me? I’m using them all and making the recipe on the label.
- Scenic City Sizzle from Alchemy Spice Company – Rosemary, fennel, assorted peppercorn, sea salt, and ginger bring on the heat slow and steady. This spice will jazz up any BBQ dish and please every member of the family.
Where’s My SpicePanda Package?
So, I’m hosting a giveaway, but you can always order your own subscription box too. You know, if you can’t wait for the giveaway to be over, or you want a chance at TWO boxes, or you know-you-will-love-it-and-it-will-be-the-end-of-the-world-if-you-don’t-sign-up-like-yesterday. So here’s the deal.
- 4-5 spices per box. This spring box has 5 full size spice containers.
- Special discounts to buy more of the spices you receive in your box and find you can’t live without.
- Recipes starring the spices in your box. Be creative or play by the rules. All in your court.
- FREE Shipping
- 1 box subscription or 1 year subscription (4 boxes)
- Sign up with this special code to receive a 15% discount off your first box when you sign up for a 1 year subscription- real15 (Enter code at checkout)
- Want to try just one box? Sign up with this code for 15% off a solo box purchase – beyond15 (Enter code at checkout)
- Like you need any more reasons, but AMAZING FOOD that’s full of spice, nice and easy, big and bold. Not every box will be spicy with heat. It just so happens this season’s is.
A SpicePanda Giveaway
One of you is going to be a WINNER! I wish it could be all of you BUT one of you will win your very own SpicePanda Spring Box. You know you want one. So, enter for you. If not for you, enter for a friend. Good grief, enter for a stranger. They’ll love you forever.