The perfect slow cooker vegetable soup that is so savory it will make your mouth water even after it’s gone.
I have never been a huge fan of straight up vegetable soup. It’s always lacking. Vegetable soup always need something more, something meatier, even if it is just in the broth. That is until I made the perfect slow cooker vegetable soup that is so savory it will make your mouth water even after it’s gone.
Not only is this slow cooker soup easy to make, it is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, which makes it a perfect go-to meal for taking as a dish to share.
Best of all? My kids ate it, not because that’s what was for dinner and they had no options, no, they ate it and asked for more, and then even more.
Slow Cooker Recipes: Savory Vegetable Soup
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces black beans, partially drained
- 16 ounces canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato can of water
- 1 medium onion (1/2 cup diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (1 tablespoon, minced)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Salt to taste ( appr. 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (use food processor blade or mandolin)
- Put first 10 ingredients in slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours.
- After 4 - 6 hours, add rest of ingredients.
- Cook 2 more hours on high.
- If made a day ahead it will thicken to a nice stew-like consistency overnight.