Creamy Potato Leek Soup is a family favorite and makes an easy gluten free meal on a chilly night. This sow cooker soup takes almost no time and is so tasty after a long day.
I love this recipe because it truly is easy to pull together and makes a perfect comfort food dinner. Plus, even my non-soup eating daughter loves it. You can easily adapt this recipe to serve the size family you need to feed by adding or taking away a few potatoes. If you add 4-5, I would add another leek. Take a few away, leave everything else the same.
This recipe serves our family of 5 with leftovers for one person. This is simply not enough since the soup is just as good or better the next day so I double it. I also like to add green onions, sour cream, and cheddar to the top once it is finished. You could call it loaded baked potato soup if you want. Serve with a side of easy homemade garlic bread, substituting with gluten free bread as needed.
- 10 red potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 leeks- sliced thin to the point the stalk starts turning green
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- ½ - 1 cup cream
- Milk to thin to desired consistency (2-3 cups)
- Choice of cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- Put first 6 ingredients in crock pot on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Blend or use a hand mixer to partially puree mixture.
- Mix in cream.
- Add milk slowly until soup reached desired texture.
- Heat soup in crock pot until milk is heated through.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and choice of cheese. I used a Blue cheddar. So good!