It’s frosting. It’s a dip. It’s a topping. It’s confused but it’s Pumpkin Brie Topping whatever else it may or may not be, and it is made from this easy pumpkin puree. I needed dessert in a hurry the other evening. Like, I forgot I had a party to go to in 2 hours, hadn’t had a shower yet, and signed up to take a dessert kind of hurry. I fell back on One Bowl Brownies. Google it until I post about it but don’t be fooled by “Kraft”. It’s from scratch and so easy that almost any one could make them…as long as you aren’t the type who burns boiling water or blows up food in the microwave. To spice it up I used the partiers as my guinea pigs. That’s just the way I roll.
The Event: A Fall Garden Party
The Dessert: Moist rich bites of chocolatey heaven
topped with a finishing touch of
amazing pumpkin, brie, spice, and a helping of sugar
People, it was pumpkin pie on a brownie but so much easier than mix the pumpkin, the eggs, the spices, and pop it in a crust to bubble and bake and just pray it sets.
The Making of Pumpkin Brie Topping
It’s so gourmet not just any one can make it unless you…
- know how to measure 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- know how to cut a 2 ounce wedge of brie and take the rind off (take a 4 ounce round of mild brie and cut it in fourths)
- can melt those two ingredients together in a sauce pan on low, mixing them together as the brie melts
- can measure out 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- can measure out 1/3 cup powdered/confectioners/10x sugar
- can mix those spices and sugar into the pumpkin brie mixture
That was so darn hard that I deserve every bit of WOW I get. Now let me go make some more – just for you of course.
Go on and take a taste through the screen. You know you want to.
What would I use Pumpkin Brie Topping for?
- Eat it plain
- Put it on cinnamon rolls
- Frost some cookies (or brownies)
- Use it as a party dip with pretzels or graham crackers
- Layer it in between 2 spice cakes
Frugal Tips for Gourmet Taste
- Buy a pumpkin, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, roast in the oven on 400 until soft, drain out liquid and puree that beautiful orange gold
- Aldi has brie for $3 and it’s still good stuff
A Printable Pumpkin Brie Topping Recipe
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ounce mild brie
- ⅓ cup confectioner sugar (Can leave out. Will have smaller amount and just a hint of sweetness with no sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Melt brie and pumpkin together in a pan on low
- Fold in sugar and spices.
- Serve and enjoy!