The kids and I went out on a “great adventure” this morning. We met up with some friends and explored a local nature center. With high humidity and lots of walking, er, hiking mountains, we desperately need to re-hydrate. Water is great and all but sometimes you want more. You want flavor, and not the artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, and sodium boosters added. Enter the Pineapple Mint Refresher. I had had pineapple water at an event I attended and loved it. I don’t have a 1 gallon jug though so I changed the recipe and made my own drink. I love it.
The pineapple is lightly refreshing without being super sweet and the mint adds energy without adding caffeine and sugars, which boost you then crash you back down. I’m energized and ready to get to work. *Cue the Energizer Bunny*
Pineapple Mint Refresher
- 1 medium pineapple, diced
- 4 mint leaves, sliced in strips
- 1- 1 1/2 quart water
- If you need a little sweetener, use a little sugar or zero calorie monkfruit (no yucky after taste)
- Puree the pineapple in the blender.
- Pour into 2 quart pitcher and fill to top with water.
- Add mint and stir well.
- Fill glass half way with ice.
- Pour pineapple mint refresher over it.
- Garnish with a mint leave and serve.
You may also like another of our favorites – Watermelon Refreshers/Slushies
Don’t forget to join our conversations on Facebook!