There’s something to be said for Peeps and good chocolate at Easter. Now put those two things on a graham cracker and that is where the magic happens. I’m going Peeps S’more crazy and never looking back. But before you hit the Easter candy leftovers, you need to read on for the super secret step to making the best “smores recipe”.
Grill it or put it in the oven, but I promise you, this will be the best s’more you ever eat in your life, or your money back. No, really, no refunds, but you can go back to your plain old s’more eating ways and leave the Peeps to me.
I know I told you there’s a secret step I need to share. You have to read on for that one. Wouldn’t want to give all my secrets away right away.
We start with a plain old graham cracker. My kids debated when asked “plain or cinnamon” and came to the conclusion that they believe honey grahams are the plain ones so those are the ones they want. My husband was standing in the aisle waiting for our reply and desperately hoping cinnamon would win.
The second ingredient – Peeps – chicks required. Okay, so we felt a little evil as we roasted our Peeps but that feeling faded at first bite.
The third ingredient you need is chocolate, and in my humble opinion, top notch chocolate is a must. We used really good chocolate – Éclat Chocolate’s 70% dark chocolate with cacao nibs.
- Graham Crackers
- Roast Peeps over an open flame.
- Place between two graham crackers with a piece of chocolate.
- If using a grill, place graham cracker bottoms over a low flame with a piece of chocolate on top while roasting the Peeps.
- Peeps only need over flame for a minute or so. You don't want it completely melted, just flame kissed to caramelize it.
- Place graham cracker half on baking tray.
- Add piece of chocolate.
- Top with Peeps.
- Put in oven 6-12 inches below broiler, just until Peeps start to soften.
- Will only need 1-3 minutes so watch carefully
Now for our secret… a Peep S’more isn’t really a Peep S’more until you caramelize that sugary exterior. Oh yeah, now we’re talking. So, while the oven might work, we highly roasting over an open fire or grill. And there you have it – the BEST.S’MORE.EVER.