Since there are still fresh peaches begging to be taken care of in my house I have peaches on the brain. Today’s peach recipe (so far) is peach cobbler. I have zero need for dessert in my house so I wanted to make it less sugary and carb laden than the traditional peach cobbler. Oh, and did I mention less time consuming?
- 6 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil (or shortening)
- 1/2 cup milk (fat free)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Put peaches in baking dish - 9x9 is a good size.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in oil/shortening and honey/sugar.
- Add milk, stirring until just mixed.
- Spread dough across top. Will not completely cover.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crust is a light brown.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information is per serving, is approximate and based on the ingredients I used.
Calories – 160
Carbs – 27g
Fat – 6g
Protein – 4g
Sugar – 14g
Sodium – 140mg