One pot, a few ingredients, and dinner is served in under 30 minutes. Sign you up? Read on…
Broccoli Mushroom Pasta is a great meal to add to your list of one pot dinners for quick easy meals. This one scores easily in my house, making the list for “favorite meals” that I am happy to cook often.
Got your starch? Check. Got your veggie? Check. The only thing missing is protein but you can add that with some chicken or a can of black beans. Or better yet? If you are going for Meatless Monday or Friday for Lent, you can pack protein into a dinnertime smoothie. The kids will love dessert and no one needs to mention that it’s healthy.
I have a favorite pan I love to use for one pot meals because it has a wide bottom like a frying pan but is a little deeper. Since pasta cooks so fast it is so easy to throw the broccoli right in with it and have them both come out a perfect al dente at the same time. All you need to do is drain, throw back into the pan, and add our favorite homemade mushroom soup and milk.
Wait. Don’t leave. The homemade mushroom soup is super easy, gluten-free, and you can make it ahead. 1 cup substitutes equally with a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup if you just aren’t there yet, but trust me, you want homemade. You’ll get there.
- 1 box pasta
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups cream of mushroom soup (homemade link above or store bought substitution referenced)
- 2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Water for pasta
- Fill pan ⅔ way full with water.
- Bring water with a small pinch of salt to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and broccoli. Cook to al dente. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Dump back into pan and add mushroom soup, milk, and desired salt.
- Cook over low/medium heat until thick.