I’m sitting here. It’s a rare moment of silence. I am meeting up with friends for brunch in a bit, but my family already left, and the house…it’s silent. It’s rather unbelievable. I’m not sure if I know how to work in this silence. There have been a few things brewing in my head. Okay, they probably look a lot more like molecules. You know, when molecules are frantically bouncing off each other and vibrating. Yeah, I think of molecules…like every day, or when my 5th grader just finished a science unit on them. Before I get much further into this molecular post, let me clue you in. It’s about 5 things I can’t live without, goals long past, how I am failing at doing it all, and a really great movie that debuts Mother’s Day weekend.
So let’s just go with the flow here and if you make it to the end of this post or the next, please do leave a comment. I will need to praise your amazing-ness. This post all started when a friend posted some writing prompts and a bunch of other blogger friends decided to all write about the 5 things they as moms can’t live without. I meant to be a part of it but that was March 5 and as you see it is now past my second goal, April 5. So let’s start with those 5 things and morph from there. Can I live without some of these things? Sure, but my life would be so much harder in many instances.
Top 5 things this mom needs
- Sanity. In case you don’t know what those letters and number stand for it would be non-fat, no water, extra hot chai. When I say “I need sanity” everyone in this house knows what it means.
- Smiles. I need my kids’ smiling faces.
- My phone. It has internet, a calendar, communication – it’s my command center. (The Mophie case is icing on the cake.)
- My laptop. That’s where most of my paying work happens. It would be kind of hard to do without. (It happens to be quite dusty. Promise I just cleaned it 2 days ago.)
- My mini van. I am so not a soccer mom but my Chevy Uplander looks like our second home. Chevy, why, oh why,did you stop making this model? You need to work on that….and maybe add a fridge and vacuum.
How I’m Failing at Everything
Okay, so this was going to be a big jumbled up mess of a post, but I’m thinking it needs broken up a bit. If you are all happy with my mom’s top 5 must have items, I won’t torture you anymore. If you want to read what could amount to a train wreck, well, you can click here for more. Maybe wear a hard hat.