On this July 4th’s drink list we have a refreshing Blackberry Melon Lemonade, bursting with fresh sweet summer fruits and a tart lemon finish. This lemonade recipe is perfect for young to old and a great party drink the kids will love too. An added bonus is that the gorgeous ruby pink color is added with the fruit rather than the notorious Red #whatever, its only additive, SUGAR.
Do you remember back when Progressive Dinners were THE thing to do? If you aren’t sure what those are or missed the boat, here’s a re-cap. Friends would get together and plan a dinner. Instead of one person hosting and providing the whole meal, it would be eaten in several stops. You would visit one friend for appetizers then move to the next for soup/salad, then on to the main entree and finally stop for dessert. Fun, cool, and time to bring it back! Some blogger friends and I are teaming up to bring you the best Progressively Perfect: Virtual Dinner Party Blog Hop EVER. You will want to jump into your computer and eat and drink the day away.
So, without further ado, let’s get this party started with my freshly squeezed lemonade recipe, flavored with a burst of summer, then hop on over to the links below to see what other fun we are stirring and cooking up.
Blackberry Melon Lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice (approximately 7 lemons)
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 1 cup watermelon juice (approximately 3 cups chunk melon)
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Make a simple syrup on the stove with the sugar, 1/2 cup water, and lemon zest.
- Juice the lemons to make 1 cup lemon juice.
- Press the blackberries through a fine mesh sieve of squeeze through cheesecloth.
- Run the lemon juice over the blackberry pulp and seeds to get as much juice as possible out of pulp.
- Juice the melon through the sieve.
- Mix with 4 cups cold water.
- Stir in the simple syrup.
- Add ice to a shaker or jar with lid.
- Pour lemonade over and (with lid closed) shake.
- Strain over a glass and serve chilled.
- Add a watermelon wedge to the glass for garnish.
- Makes 2 quarts of Blackberry Melon Lemonade.
- *Slightly tart so make 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar simple syrup if you like it sweeter.
To get the full Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party blog hop experience, click the links below in order:
- Diapered Daze and Knights- Tuna Salad Rolls
- The Fabulous Food Fairy- Roasted Tomato Caprice in Garlic Bread Bowls
- Worthington Lower- Chili Layered Dip
- Chockababy- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
- Life at the BAT Cave- Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Life Without Pink- Homemade Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Look What Mom Found- Dad Too!- Veggie and Pasta Summer Salad
- Real: The Kitchen and Beyond- Blackberry Melon Lemonade
- Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps- Moscow Mule Beer Cocktails
- The Vintage Mom- Kale and Zucchini Meatloaf
- Souffle Bombay- Lettuce Wraps
- the whole-y grail- Family Friendly Grilled Pizza 5 Ways
- Whatever Works- Spicy Sausage & Arugula Pasta
Coffee, Tea & Dessert
- An Opera Singer in the Kitchen- Dark Chocolate Cream Pie with Berries
- Will’s World- S’mores Frozen Coffee
- A Grande Life- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- The Naughty Mommy- Key Lime Pie
- Legos and Lattes- Vanilla Spiced Chai Lattes
- The Turnip Farmer- Vodka Gummi Bears
Decorations, Outfits and Music
- Crafty Garden Mama- Eco Friendly Entertaining
- Finnegan and the Hughes- Dressing the Kiddos
- Honey Badger Mom- Progressive Party Playlist, Playa!