A favorite meal in our house is Lemon Garlic Chicken. It is quickly turning into my “go to” meal when we take some one dinner as it is easy and turns out great. Plus, even kids love it. I am including the measurements for 2 – 6 people so you don’t have to figure out what works. If you love garlic, add extra as this will not be strong at all.
Busy day? Cube the chicken and prep the onion and garlic in the morning or the evening before so when you get home, exhausted from your day you can just mix it together and pop it in. You can also mix and refrigerate in the pan you are cooking in. Just add a little cook time since the pan will need to warm up.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, add 1 regular to large chicken breast per 1.5 people
- 1 or 2 lemons, halved
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin or chopped
- 4-6 oz. mushrooms, sliced thin – I prefer baby bellas (optional)
- 2 or 4 cloves garlic, diced or 1 slight tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and put into 9×9 or 9×13 dish.
- Add diced garlic, onion, and sliced mushrooms.
- Squeeze lemons over chicken.
- Mix all together.
- Salt and pepper to taste – I usually use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3-4 grinds of the pepper mill.
- Cover and bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes if using 2 chicken breasts or 45 minutes – 1 hour if using 4.
Great sides – Honey Glazed Carrots