I love Lehigh Valley Milk. I did a review on it a few months ago, skeptical about their claims. Now it’s all I buy – even when there is cheaper milk on the shelf.
I never thought I would buy “not the cheapest milk” but it tastes better and stays fresh longer, thanks to their new packaging. Instead of a clear jug, they use a white jug. Light alters the flavor of milk (Sounds crazy, huh?) and even though I was slightly skeptical, for whatever reason, their milk DOES taste better.
In all actuality studies were done on it at Cornell University and they found that milk exposed to light lost flavor in as little as 2 hours!!
Add to it that they have a 5 Point Purity Checklist they put their milk through and I am much more confident about the quality of their product. Here are the 5 Points they pledge to their customers.
- Farmers pledge not to use artificial growth hormones.
- Milk is from cows that are fed a nutritious diet
- They reject any milk that contains commonly used antibiotics
- Milk is tested for quality at every key step
- Milk is cold shipped from dairy to store within hours