My house is filling with the scent of dinner cooking, and after the second time of having this delicious pizza, I thought it was time I share it with you. Roast Beef Pizza is designed to be a leftovers recipe after a holiday meal, but can also be made with deli meat or leftovers from last night’s dinner.
After any holiday meal I look for new ways to re-purpose my leftovers and pizza is a favorite way. After a rich and heavy meal many people are in the mood for quick and easy. Homemade pizza does the job of offering an easy meal, and using leftovers puts a whole new spin on the meal.
This recipe uses our favorite homemade pizza crust and is topped with fresh ingredients. The secret weapon to making this a “best of the best” pizza it the perfect mix of sharp cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
Who’s coming over? Dinner is served in ten.
- 1 recipe pizza crust (makes 2 pizzas)
- 1 - 2 cups / 8 -16 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- ¼ pound roast beef, tear or slice each piece into ¼' or ⅛'s
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- Oregano to taste
- Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 550 degrees. (450 degrees is okay but will take a little longer to bake.)
- Heat pizza stone or grease baking sheet.
- Spread half of dough over baking sheet or preheated stone.
- If using greased baking sheet, start spreading dough out then flip over and finish so both sides are lightly greased.
- Add thin layer of sauce. We use around ½ cup.
- Add half the cheddar and half the mozzarella, spreading over whole pizza.
- Top with roast beef, onions, and peppers.
- Sprinkle oregano and crushed red pepper over pizza, to taste.
- Bake for 10- 20 minutes. depending on oven temp.
- Is finished when the cheese is golden brown.