St. Patrick’s Day is coming soon and when I hear St. Patrick’s Day, I think green, Irish potatoes, and corned beef – in that order. I love Irish Potatoes. My husband doesn’t. That is awesome. It means the sweet little trays of them that you can buy are all my very own. Or, I can make them myself for a fraction of the cost. The downside to that is the whole batch is all my very own. I think it’s time to have a party and share those Irish Potatoes I whipped together. My suggestion is to have these BEFORE dinner and finish the evening off with a Chocolate Chip Mint Beer Float.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until well mixed.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar, ½ at a time.
- Mix until forms a ball or is just mixed. Don't keep creaming it after it is incorporated.
- Use a spoon of spatula and fold in coconut.
- Put cinnamon in small bowl.
- Shape coconut mixture into roughly shaped 1 inch balls.
- Roll in cinnamon.
- Place on parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Makes approximately 24 Irish potatoes.
What’s your favorite part of St. Patrick’s Day?