(Can you name that tune?)
Sometimes it’s good to getaway, retreat, find some peace and a change of pace. Sometimes it’s hard when hotels can be pricy and food and travel adds up quickly. Be smart, think creatively and plan an inexpensive getaway.
1) Travel off-season.
2) Stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and/or grill.
3) Pack snacks and lots of water, along with a cooler and ice.
4)Research and plan. Find a list of free or cheap outings along your route or where you are staying. There are often many things you can do without spending a dime (or only a few dollars).
5) Shop deal sites – Groupon and Living Social have had some great travel deals. I have had a great experience with both. Make sure to read and re-read the fine print before buying them. They often have limitations.
7) Book last minute trips and see if you can get a better deal on a last minute booking or upgrade for a lower cost.
8) Check your bags – make lists, double check, triple check. Don’t leave something home that you will have to shell out money
BON VOYAGE! Now go schedule in some rest and relaxation.
This post is part of our Fabulously Frugal Thursday Link-up. We would love for you to link up your fabulously frugal posts or comment on some ways you live fabulously frugal.