What could possibly be better than homemade chocolate syrup? For a coffee lover like myself, homemade mocha syrup definitely wins the day. All it took was a simple twist of my homemade chocolate syrup recipe and voila, we have mocha syrup. Now I just need to label the jar so the coffee haters in my house don’t use the wrong thing in their chocolate milk.
Homemade Mocha Syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee – I use decaf
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a pan over low heat.
- Whisk often, bringing to a boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, stir constantly until thick.
Makes 1 – 1 1/2 cups.
Perfect with your morning cup, in a homemade iced latte, over ice cream, over fruit, or straight up with a spoon. Rich decadent chocolate with just a hint of coffee is sure to make any day better. That is, unless you don’t like coffee, you hater, you.