It’s so ch-ch-ch-chilly outside! It’s rainy, yucky, and suppose to get worse over the next hours. How many hours? Who really knows? I do know that this evening I have a date – a date with homemade hot cocoa.
I am rather snobbish about my hot cocoa. Not just anything will do. Actually, my stomach is. The hot cocoa packets and my stomach do not get along. I found Mexican Chocolate at an ethnic store that is the best thing ever, or was. It was until I got a super good deal on German Chocolate and used that instead. Then one thing led to another and I found a super deal on semi sweet chocolate. You can use either with very similar results.
Homemade Hot Cocoa
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 generous pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tiny pinch chili powder
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat on medium, stirring often.
- Cook until chocolate is completely melted and milk is hot.
- Curl up in your favorite chair with a book and enjoy.