Why do so many people love Caesar Salad so much? I know it is near the top of my favorite salads list. It’s amazing how so simple a salad can be so good. I think the secret to the best Caesar Salad is to use quality ingredients. It’s one of my favorite meals when I need a quick and easy meal because it takes under 30 minutes to pull together.
However, when I make Caesar Salad as a dinner entree it can be nice to make it “a little more” – a little more flavor, a little more hearty. Here is our favorite version of the Chicken Caesar Salad – Garlic Chicken Apple Caesar Salad. Have I told you I LOVE garlic? It’s a basic requirement for almost every savory dish in our house. I like to add the Caesar Dressing and croutons to each individual salad so I can better control the amount that ends up on each salad.
Garlic Chicken and Apple Caesar Salad
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 large apple
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or 16 ounces spring mix salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing - I love the 365 Brand Organic Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Croutons (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saute.
- Cube chicken into 1 inch cubes, lightly salt and pepper.
- Mince garlic.
- Saute chicken and garlic until just done. Approximately 10 minutes.
- While chicken is frying, wash and cut lettuce.
- Dice apple.
- Plate lettuce.
- Top with chicken and apple.
- Add desired amount of Caesar salad dressing.
- Top with freshly shaved parmesan and croutons.