I love to decorate my home but do not like how easily holiday specific decor costs can mount. Here are some great ways to minimize the money you spend and have great decorations too.
- Buy a simple glass bowl that can be used year round. The dollar store often has some nice simple glass bowls. Here are some other Glass Hurricane/Bowl ideas.
- Go outside! Pine cones, pine needles, twigs, dried autumn leaves, spring flowers and rocks add nice props for different seasons and holidays. Please do not add candles in with these products as it is a fire hazard.
- Pretty holiday ribbon or twine can add a beautiful touch as can a bowl filled with cellophane gift bows. Post holiday clearance sales can net you great finds for a fraction of the price. (Super frugal!)
- Dollar store props can be a nice touch. Get creative and have fun. Make sure to wrap them and save them for next year.
- Fill a glass bowl with ornaments or mini pumpkins, layer candy corn with colorful glass rocks, throw a few stalks of Indian Corn with ribbon entwined around them
- Make your own wreath.
- Keep it simple. Simplicity can be beautiful if you have a few signature WOW pieces.
- Re-use your Christmas lights. Wrap them up carefully every year, keeping the little packets of extra bulbs that come with them and you will not have to buy bulbs for many years. We have strands that are 12 years old. Watch for frayed wires!
- Colorful beads and stones can be layered and mixed with other holiday items – pine cones and needles on top of red glass rocks”, Blue glass with silver ribbon, green glass with 4 leaf clovers or a pot of gold
Everyday decor can look festive with a new bow
Use holiday decor that can be used any time of year.
Snowflakes are magnetic and can be switched out for other seasons
or luminary can be used without.
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.