This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigHero6MovieNight #CollectiveBias
Who doesn’t love a fun treat for family movie night? If you are looking for fun family movie night ideas you have to check out how you can make your very own Baymax Crisped Rice Treats below.
My kids have been waiting foooooooooooooreeeever for Big Hero 6 to be released. Their words. Dramatics included. When I was given the opportunity to partner with Target to create a super fun family movie night treat I was on it. What better way to surprise the kids than with these Baymax Crisped Rice Treats and the long awaited movie?
We try to sneak family movie night or game night in once a week or so. It’s fun to just shut out everything else and have a nice time together as long as no one fights. That’s the rule around here – movie gets shut off or game gets closed down when people can’t get along.
There wasn’t a peep from Kid 1, 2, or 3 the whole movie. They were even squished on half the couch for whatever reason and still didn’t fight. I dared to step in front of the movie once. I didn’t do it again. They missed 3 seconds. It was the end of the world.
Big Hero 6 was the perfect movie for my kids, especially the oldest with his inventor minded brain. I must admit that I missed part of the movie because I was running short on time and really wanted them to have their Baymax Crisped Rice Treats during the movie, not at some point later in the evening.
It was worth it when I gave them to the kids. They thought they were super cute and enjoyed eating them. I’m not sure if they were just trying to stay on mom’s good side by saying they even looked like Baymax in the movie or not, but a mom’s gotta take the compliments while she gets them.
Ready to learn how to make Baymax Crisped Rice Treats?
Baymax Crisped Rice Treats
Yield 9 - 10
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12-16 ounces white chocolate
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 mini marshmallows per body
- 2 large marshmallows per body
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Mix in marshmallows and heat until melted, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let set for a few minutes.
- Shape mixture into 3 inch balls and flatten to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Set on greased tray or waxed/parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Dip tops and sides of crisped rice treats into the white chocolate, smooth, and set back on tray.
- Let set until white chocolate is partially set - needs to be thick yet not hardened.
- Press 2 mini marshmallows into each side on the top half for arms.
- Press a large marshmallow onto the top for a head.
- Cut a large marshmallow halfway up and stick to bottom of treat for legs.
- Melt semisweet chocolate.
- Using a toothpick, give your Baymax crisped rice treat his eyes.
- Let set 10 minutes until hardened.
Pick up your own copy of Big Hero 6 at Target.