I thawed pumpkin over the weekend and didn’t use it all. Since today was a
snow snowy day, what better thing to do than bake? I envisioned some yummy pumpkin cookies full of oats, chocolate, and raisins. I couldn’t choose chocolate OR raisins because they both sounded good. Egg-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies happened – Just like that. Abracadabra abraca-something, we had cookies. Not quite that quickly but close enough.
These cookies are healthy. Yes they are. Okay, I am no dietician so I really have no clue. That’s for you to decide. They probably aren’t so healthy but we can pretend, right? Agree with me! RIGHT!
All right, all right, I’m getting to the recipe. Here goes. Egg-free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies coming up on a
silver platter white plate if you must.Oh, before I forget, you can use canned pumpkin but why would you when you can make pumpkin puree THIS EASILY.
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin ( 1 - 15 ounce can is fine)
- ½ cup sugar (I used raw)
- ¼ cup molasses ( I used black strap)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour (I use unbleached)
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (use dairy free for a great dairy free treat)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, and molasses together.
- In small bowl, combine oats, flour, spices, and baking soda.
- Mix together with pumpkin and sugar.
- Mix in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
How about some more amazing pumpkin recipes?
- Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – a spin on a classic recipe and worth every calorie laden chocolate pumpkin decadent bite.
- Pumpkin Brie Topping/Dip – Easy gourmet and sure to be a hit at any holiday party, it truly has rich yummy flavors in every bite.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins – Goodbye over priced coffee shop muffins. Hello homemade. These pumpkin cream cheese muffins are amazing if I do say so myself.
- Pumpkin Cornbread – I just may never eat “regular cornbread again. So rich and moist but still delivering that hearty bread cornbread is known for. It was love at first bite in this household.