Welcome to my new easy meal planning series. I just finished a 12 Week Frugal Meal Planning series and am excited to start this new series. In the last series I did a 3 meals a day plan, but we will just be doing a dinner plan this time. I will throw in tips and ideas for quick easy breakfasts and/or lunches though, so you will have some great resources for planning those meals also.
My quick and easy meal plans will utilize many different things, including one pot dinners, slow cooker meals, 30 minute meals, and freezer meals. Let’s get cooking and serve up delicious meals in no time.
Dinner Meal Plan 1
Day 1: Chicken Cheddar Ziti Casserole and Steamed Broccoli
- Make a double batch and freeze the extra meal.
- Can make stove top and skip the oven for an even quicker meal.
- Can’t take the frugal out of the girl, so buy those tuna steaks flash frozen and put in the fridge to thaw the morning you make them.
Day 3: Chicken Caesar Salad and Baked Potatoes
- Go heavy on the chicken to make a hearty filling meal even for a man.
- Add sunflower or pumpkin seeds to boost your salad.
Day 4: Cheater Shepherd’s Pie
- Make a double batch and throw one batch of the meat and veggie mixture in the freezer for another meal.
- Brown your burger with onions and garlic
- Throw in the slow cooker on low with diced celery and carrots, frozen peas and corn
- Make mashed potatoes and put a spoon full over top after plating the beef and veggies.
Day 5: Quinoa Burrito Bowl – One Pot – 30 Minutes – Dinner!
Day 6: Chili and Cornbread
Day 7: Ginger Garlic Steak, brown rice, and steamed broccoli
- Cut sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes or flank steak into thin strips.
- Marinate for 10 minutes in 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/8 cup Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, 3 cloves garlic, minced, and a dash of black pepper
- Throw in a grill pan or put under broil until just cooked – 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Mission Quick and Easy Lunches: Tip 1
Take one evening a week and prep veggie sticks for lunches, and make a few days worth of salads. I am loving my new Salad in a Jar lunch system.