Last week I had a fabulous girls’ night out at Clothes Mentor. It’s only my favorite consignment store around, with an extra discount, girlfriends, and food – it can’t get much better! I took some easy gourmet and gluten-free appetizers featuring Rose Romano’s Gourmet Marinara Topping. They were really so easy and would be perfect for a holiday party this year.
I made Mini Hamburger and Italian Pepper Stuffed Peppers and Gorgonzola and Italian Pepper Stuffed Crimini Mushrooms. My recommendation is to have a way to keep them warm as they cool easily and they taste better warm. I could eat the stuffed peppers all day long. So yummy you can’t “eat just one”, they are delicious hot or cold. I also love the mushrooms as long as they are warm. I would serve these straight out of the oven at my holiday party.
- 12 baby bell peppers
- 1/2 pound turkey or beef burger
- 1 jar Rose Romano's Italian Peppers w/ green bell pepper
- Favorite cheese for stuffed peppers - I am partial to extra sharp cheddar. Some people like mozzarella.
- Turn broiler on.
- Slice peppers in half length wise, taking out seeds.
- Rub outside with oil and put on broiler safe tray, skin side up.
- Put under broiler in middle of oven for 5 minutes, or until soft without burning.
- Fry meat and mince. A few seconds in a food processor or blender will make it the right consistency for the small peppers.
- Mix in Italian Peppers.
- Stuff pepper halves with mixture and grate a small amount of cheese over them.
- Bake in 350 oven until cheese is melted (5-10 minutes).
- 8 ounce baby bellas or crimini mushrooms
- Rose Romano's Italian Peppers w/ red bell peppers
- Gorgonzola Crumbles
- Wash, De-stem, and dry mushrooms.
- Add a little oil to a saute pan, and add mushrooms to the pan, gill side up, over medium heat. Saute until just soft.
- Dump any excess liquid from mushrooms.
- Spoon in italian peppers.
- Sprinkle a few small crumbles of gorgonzola on top.
- Place on tray in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Make approximately 12 stuffed mushrooms.
Love Pinterest? Are you a foodie? Link up your favorite food pins here.