Recently I posted about trying to make my gift wrapping greener and more budget friendly. This isn’t really a new concept for me but rather an even bigger attempt at something I have done in the past. There are so many fun and creative ways to wrap a gift.
1. Comics in the newspaper. These make fun birthday and baby shower gifts.
2. Along that line, use sections of the newspaper for individualized gifts.
You may want to stay away from politics or hot button issues though.
3. Save those gift bags and re-gift away.
4. Let the kids decorate plain white paper.
5. Baskets or plastic tote containers – great for a college gift or teenage girl.
6. Towels – kitchen for a kitchen themed gift, bathroom for a pampering gift.
7. Re-usable grocery bags can be used for food type gifts.
8. Blankets, sheets and pillowcases can be used to wrap gifts. PLEASE use
new ones only or wash well if it is something that had special meaning
to the one you are gifting to.
9. Handy with a sewing machine? Use fabric to make gift bags that can be
used again by the giftee. Not handy? Cut fabric into the size square you
need and gather it up around the gift.
10. Brown paper bag.
Here’s my previous post – Greener Budget Friendly Gift Wrapping.