Post Christmas I found an addicting chocolate cherry popcorn on a clearance rack. The clearance rack…the kiss of death to your taste buds when you find that special something on it that you find irresistible. I ate almost the entire bag and decided then and there I had to recreate it, making it a bit healthier than the original. A more delicious and easy popcorn recipe you never will see, if I do say so myself.
Of course I had to share with you, but only the recipe, and just in time for Valentine’s Day. You’ll have to make your own chocolate cherry popcorn. I used a plain popped corn, but the original recipe started with a kettle corn. You can start with that if you wish but I wanted to cut a little bit of sugar and it tastes fantastic without it.
Now you can make your own chocolate cranberry popcorn for a fraction of gourmet popcorn prices and know it is the teensiest bit healthier and just as amazing.
Chocolate Cherry Popcorn
Yield 4 cups
- 4 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Spread popcorn over it.
- Finely chop cherries.
- Melt chocolate and put into pastry bag with medium tip or plastic baggie with small triangle of tip cut out.
- Squeeze chocolate across popcorn in thin ribbons.
- Top with cherries.
- Mix lightly.
- Chill for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Break popcorn into smaller chunks and serve.
More Easy Popcorn Recipes