Any party is an excuse for me to get in the kitchen to make and bake. A party is the best time because it means whatever I am in the mood for won’t (mostly) end up going to MY waist and hips. It’s the last thing I need. My favorite thing, of course is dessert, so when we were invited to a Super Bowl Party, of course I gladly offered to make dessert.
I have wanted to try a few of another local food blogger’s recipes out so decided this was the perfect time, especially because she has this mini chocolate cheesecake recipe that looks to-die-for scrumptious. Thank you, Souffle Bombay. I changed the recipe up a bit but the above link takes you to the recipe I started from.
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Minis
- 2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar (I use raw)
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 3 ounces German chocolate
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 300.
- Line cupcake tin with paper wrappers.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar and continue beating.
- Melt chocolate and add to sugar and cream cheese. Continue beating until nice and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until just mixed in.
- Spoon into wrappers.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until centers are just barely jiggly.
- Add a spoonful of cherry filling to each cheesecake.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top if you wish.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Makes 12-16