Are you cutting the box and making your foods from scratch? Cereal can be one of the hardest boxes to cut but easy homemade granola recipes can make it easier. This Cherry Vanilla Granola makes it easier. Simple ingredients and quick to make.
Our family loves homemade granola, but having the same cereal for breakfast all the time can get a little boring. We are adding a new granola recipe to our breakfast routine and this recipe is mama’s fave.
I have to admit that I can barely get the dried cherries into the granola because I am too busy munching on them. Mariani’s Dried Cherries are deliciously sweet and tart all at once. My mouth waters just thinking about them. Add a generous splash of vanilla and it’s a match made in breakfast heaven.
Personally, if we weren’t allergic to nuts, I would add 1/4 cup crushed almonds to the mix. They add a boost of protein and that nutty flavor would put the granola over the top. Since I can’t I need YOU to try it and let me know if you agree.
I am sharing the oven version of this recipe so everyone can enjoy it, but if you have an ActiFry, you can throw the granola in, set the timer for 7-10 minutes, and done.
- 4 cups/14 ounces rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey (can add ¼ cup more if you need it sweeter)
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Spread onto cookie sheet with sides that has been lightly greased or has a sheet of parchment paper on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring well every 5 minutes.
- Make sure you mix the edges in well so they don't burn.
Another great way to enjoy homemade granola is in our favorite easy breakfast – parfaits.
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.