I love summer fruit. Peaches, plums, cherries, strawberries, and blueberries reign at the grocery store and in my cart. With July 4th coming in just a few days, fresh juicy cherries and plump blueberries beckon to me with their all natural “patriotic” colors and luscious flavors. What better way to celebrate than with the fresh fruits of the land? I wanted something quick and easy and still relatively healthy. After all, what better excuse than “healthy” to eat dessert for breakfast? Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Parfait fulfills that desire perfectly.
With 5 simple ingredients you are either likely to have these ingredients in your kitchen already or be able to easily buy them. Say goodbye to those mass produced parfaits and say hello to these rich, creamy and mostly healthy fresh fruit parfaits. Guess what?! I even used low fat yogurt and they tasted AH-MA-ZING. Even the kids say so, so what’s stopping you? Whip these babies up for 4th of July or celebrate fresh fruit any day of the week.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons honey
- 16 Cherries
- Heat blueberries and 1 tablespoon honey in a pan on medium heat until berries are soft.
- Mix yogurt, cream cheese, and 2 teaspoons honey until smooth.
- Cut and pit cherries.
- Place 4 cherries in each dish.
- Add ½ cup cream cheese mixture.
- Top with spoonful of blueberries.
I even give you permission to leave the honey out if the “sugar” is all that’s stopping you. It’ll be okay. I promise. Guilt-free and delicious. Who could ask for more?