Really, what else do you have to say? If you are looking for an amazing chocolate recipe, what better than homemade chocolate cherry cheesecake brownies that are easy to make? I use this brownie recipe that I swear by. I don’t use many recipes just the way they are but this recipe is a great base to every brownie recipe combination under the sun.
I start with the one bowl brownies from Kraft. Yes, Kraft. No, nothing out of the box, just straight up from scratch fudgy delicious brownies that everyone raves about. I skip the nuts and will use different add-ins sometimes, like cinnamon and apples or caramel and chocolate chips, but today I added my new favorite Cheribundi Cherry and my favorite cheesecake type concoction.
I saw Cheribundi Tea in the grocery store a few times and finally couldn’t resist it any longer – lightly refreshing with tart cherries it sounded absolutely delicious. Yes, the way to my heart just might be cherries. Well, when I was at a local discount store I happened to see Cheribundi Smoothie packs. Each has 4 packs of frozen tart cherry puree, perfect to add to your morning smoothie. I couldn’t resist, and now I am on the hunt to find them in my local grocery store.
Never one to be satisfied with using a product for just one thing, I instantly thought that besides a morning smoothie, it would be a nice touch to a banana split parfait (Oh, you want the recipe for that too?) or my favorite chocolate combination – chocolate, cherry, and cheesecake. The tart cherry is a perfect finishing touch to these rich and decadently sweet brownies and my family could not get enough of them. Trust me, my family doesn’t let anything mediocre fly.
Cheribundi Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Set out 1 block cream cheese to soften.
- Prepare pan per instructions. I use a 11 x 9 pan for nice thick brownies. They just take 45 minutes- 1 hour to bake.
- Mix up 1 recipe of One Bowl Brownies
- Empty contents of 2 thawed Cheribundi Smoothie packs into a wide shallow pan and whisk in 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Heat over medium temperature until thick and bubbly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 block cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla, until smooth.
- Smooth brownie mixture into a pan.
- Top with spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture and cut in and swirl with a fork.
- Top with spoonfuls of cherry mixture and swirl in with fork.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes and enjoy warm.
*You can use a cherry pie filling but I guarantee you it won’t taste as good. The tartness of the cherries in this recipe are perfection.
More Great Chocolate Recipes