We’re taking a break from regular scheduling to indulge ourselves in toys, fun, networking, and a little food. I got a sneak peek at what the toy world has to offer this fall and holiday season. Whether it’s going back to school/homeschool or stashing Christmas gifts, I packed a lot in 36 hours of Blogger Bash 2014. Thanks to Joey Fortman, Steph Glover, Charlene DeLoach, Laurie Schacht, Marissa DiBartolo, and a million vendors and interns who made it all happen.
Blogger Bash 2014 was in one of my favorite cities, New York City. Philadelphia is my adopted city but New York will always be a close second as it was THE CITY associated with my growing up years. Blogger Bash 2014, with all its glam and busy, was held at Location 5, for all appearances a warehouse on the outside, but with high ceilings and lots of light on the inside. The space was gorgeous and colorful – colorful from tables and displays of TOYS.
Let’s take a whirlwind tour since we can’t possibly cover every single detail here. We’re spinning through VIP, Sweet Suite, an Angry Birds after party, LEGO Batman World, EAEvents, Babypalooza, and a KidzVuz Party. I am going to mainly focus on my experience which means there are going to be many more things I just didn’t see or experience.
- Special programming for those with a VIP Pass
- Mob Wives were in the room – I discovered my view of “work hard” is different than some people.
- MZ Wallace made an appearance with purses – their nylon exterior makes them water resistant and I gave my mom THE BEST gift ever. These bags are perfect for moms who need practical within a gorgeous designer bag.
- Ciabatta bread with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and pesto makes the best lunch ever.
- Key Lime tarts should not be bruleed.
- Disney Infinity 2.0 will have new characters. One of them is pictured in this post.
- Leap Frog has a brand new movie coming to a store near you…this fall. Counting…lemonade…the rest is top secret.
- Cupcakes rock and even adults love brightly colored sprinkles.
- This event is low key enough that you can just absorb every moment of meeting new people and what is happening around you.
- The EPIC has just begun.
- Let the fun and games begin. TOYS, TOYS, TOYS everywhere.
- Lemon Drops are not for the faint of heart or the lightweight who hasn’t eaten all day. Ask me how I know.
- Faber-Castell has some rocking creativity and exploration sets. Perfect for this homeschooling mama.
- Frozen nightlights that hang on the wall, like Olaf. Need I say more?!? Squeeeee!!
- LEGO has a cool new set called Fusion but I’m behind the times since my kids apparently knew this already.
- KURIO has sweet new games and I’m not afraid of looking dumb as evidenced by the video of my playing goalie.
- KURIO also allows parents to set time limits on their tablets. Finally, a tech company that majorly supports parental control.
- Stewart’s Root Beer – my favorite and they had the cutest red and white striped straws.
- Family night game night with so many cool games out there now.
- So many more games and toys to be seen and I am pretty sure I missed HALF of them. I get a little sidetracked by lots of noise and color…kind of like a kid.
#AngryBirdsStella After Party
- Met new friends
- Angry Bird themed drinks are pretty sweet and definitely something to replicate.
- Photo op with the pink bird herself, or rather a backdrop.
- Angry Bird Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot dog and taco vendors
- I still stink at selfies but selfies with friends are great.
- The party is over when you leave, and if it isn’t…well, it is.
- My kids were jealous. They’re not just birds – they’re part of my kids’ memories, like Glowworms and Carebears are ours.
Bat-Tastic Breakfast and Babypalooza
- I knew Batman 3 LEGO is coming out before my kids. SCORE!
- Breakfast was delicious and savory scones are a great thing. Totally making my own.
- Late nights require Killer Croc Coffee.
- Real: The Kitchen and Beyond fits perfectly in Planet Batman.
- Adults are really big kids too and most probably play their kids’ video games after kids are in bed.
- Anne Geddes still rocks it and she wears Converse.
- Anne Geddes is down to earth, genuine, and a wealth of knowledge in kids and career.
- I am so far past the “baby” stage that I have no idea what those strollers were but they were awesome from what I understand.
- Make sure your bra fits well. If you don’t know how there are companies that specialize in helping you find the right fit.
- And finally, Sprinkles Cupcakes…they know how to pull off a cupcake and they have cupcake vending machines. Those cupcakes are AMAZING says this picky cupcake eater.
- Joseph Nogucci makes great jewelry. I have a favorite bracelet from them that I wear often.
- I had the opportunity to speak with the fabulous Lauren Willig, author. It’s always great to “get behind the story”.
- Do it yourself frugal – AutoTex windshield wipers and Washdrops – you can get pink blades if you want.
- Wubble Bubble Ball – say that 10 times fast. Oddly soothing to bounce and fun for the kids. Check out our review.
- COVERGIRL has a new Colorlicious line of lip glosses that come in 13 shades. It goes on smooth without that sticky feeling.
- Smokey the Bear celebrates his 70th birthday this year. Who remembers “Only you can prevent forest fires.” and the yearly coloring sheets when we talked about fire prevention in school?
- Got to chat with my favorite lemonade lady at the Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Have you had a cup yet or started your own stand?
- COVERGIRL was there with a makeup artist doing makeovers. I have to say I do love COVERGIRL products.
- There are good people in this world and there are people I will just never understand.
- The whole Elements Associates Team was awesome and have such great hearts. I am glad to know these ladies.
I only have a few for this as I only took a quick peek and we needed to head back home. I heard that is was a great party.
- A kid centered party with fun and Back-to-School in mind.
- Video games to play.
- WWE wrestlers to meet.
- Hands on play time with the hottest new toys.