As a member of the CoffeeMate Brew Crew I was asked to make a recipe with CoffeeMate in the ingredients. I have to give my sister partial credit because I had totally forgotten about it until she mentioned using CoffeeMate in pancakes. So here you go, Em. Props to you! I was already planning to make Blueberry Pancakes tonight but since she said that I figured maybe I could change up my go-to recipe with a new twist – Belgian Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes.
Belgian Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup black cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Belgian Chocolate Toffee CoffeeMate
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix milk and vinegar. Let sit.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, CoffeeMate, and oil to milk and vinegar mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Drop by quarter cup onto hot griddle – greased if it isn’t non-stick.
- Scatter blueberries on each pancake about 2 minutes into cooking.
- Flip when bubbles pop on top or edges are dry.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.