Looking for easy homemade appetizers for your next big party? Bacon and Chive Flatbread is easy and delicious served hot or cold, making it the perfect party appetizer.
I am a huge fan of Gourmet Garden Herbs and Spices and they sent me both product lines to create a recipe. I’ve been testing this recipe for a couple weeks now as I’ve been thinking of New Year’s Eve (now past), and the Super Bowl coming up. Both events center around food and usually lots of it. That means we need delicious but easy appetizers so even the cook can enjoy the party.
Gourmet Garden makes my life easy with their stir-in pastes and herbs and my new favorite is their lightly dried chives. They are designed to reconstitute when you cook with them but I could seriously eat them right out of the container. They come salted and they are like French Fried Onions but so much better. Anything I make with them is so addicting and this bacon and chive flatbread is no exception.
Flatbread is one of those recipes that can be an entree or appetizer, depending what your mood is, but I prefer this flatbread as an appetizer or served with soup. You can either make up a batch of our favorite easy pizza dough or buy a ball of dough at the store. Most store-bought pizza dough will make 2 flatbread, while my homemade dough makes 4.
Bacon and Chive Flatbread
Yield 48 pieces
- 1 recipe pizza dough (homemade makes 4 flatbread, use half or 1 bought makes 2)
- 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon fried and crumbled (or 1/8 cup bacon bits)
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Chives
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic paste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let dough rise to double its size.
- Set cream cheese out to soften while dough rises.
- Once dough has risen, divide it into 2 or 4 pieces, depending which dough you are using.
- Generously oil baking sheet.
- Flatten ball of dough on oiled sheet and flip over so both sides are greased.
- Flatten dough out in long rectangle, approximately 6 x 12 inches and 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
While dough is baking:
- Mix cream cheese, chives, and garlic together.
After dough bakes:
- Spread 1/2 garlic and chive cream cheese spread across each flatbread almost to edges.
- Sprinkle half of bacon bits over top of flatbread.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Check out the full line of herbs and spices and leave a comment with your favorite!