Spring has finally sprung and South St. Philly is ready to CELEBRATE.They are having the biggest block party yet! South St. Spring Fest is coming to town Saturday, May 3rd, and they are shutting down the street. Yeah, that’s right—they are shutting it all down. The party will be around 8 blocks long. Talk about an epic block party.
This means you need to grab your BFF, your partner, your kids, hey, grab the whole neighborhood, and meander down South St. for a family friendly sip, savor, and stroll. Food, drink, shopping, and entertainment are waiting just for you.
Why South St. Festival
- One of Philadelphia’s largest festivals
- South St. will be shut down to traffic, making it safe for even families with little ones
- Fun for all ages
- Featuring over 30 restaurants, bars, and food trucks
- Brauhaus Schmitz 2nd Annual Maifest on 700 block
- 40+ musical acts—accordion, funk, blues, jazz, southern rock, indie rock, bluegrass, and more
- 3 Main Stages set up throughout the block party
- Kids Activities
- Heroes Zone
- Special activities with Philadelphia Magic Gardens
For the Kids
- Liberty Bellows accordion band
- Philadelphia Dance Academy
- Martial Arts demonstrations
- “Discover Your Inner Artist” chalk area
- Arts and Crafts from Fleisher Art Memorial
- Face painting
- Arts and Crafts from Queen Village Art Center
- Readings and activities from the Art Sanctuary
- Heroes Zone—South St. salutes its heroes—Police, Fire Department, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Air Force, Civil Air Patrol, American Red Cross, Local Cub Scouts, and civic associations
Last week I had a special sneak peek taste of some of the food and drink that will be on tap for the South St. Spring Festival. Philly’s South St. Head House District is on fire when it comes to food and drink. Here’s just a glimpse of what they have to offer you.
- Bratwurst, Pretzels, and Housemade Mustards | Brauhau Schmitz
- Shepherd’s Pie | Cavanaugh’s Head House
- Short Rib Tacos and Sangria | Bridget Foy’s
- Lobster Roll | Head House Crab and Oyster Co.
- Beef Sliders |Redwood, An American Bistro
- Mint Juleps | The Twisted Tail
When: May 3, 2014 – 11 AM – 8 PM
Where: Philadelphia – South Street between Front and 8th & 2nd Street between South and Lombard
Who: YOU – from infant to senior citizen, there is something for every one
Parking: Special Spring Fest rate will be offered for the day at IMPARK Lot located at 634 South Columbus Blvd.